Brand Expert - Branding in Action with Trust for the Americas
Start Date: April 15th, 2014
Estimated Hours: Medium Term (101-500 hours)
Region: United States (discussing Latin America and the Caribbean)
Application Deadline: April 4th, 2014
Description: Trust for the Americas (TFTA) is a non-profit organization affiliated with The Organization of American States, established in 1997 to promote public and private sector participation in social and economic development interventions in Latin America and the Caribbean. TFTA’s initiatives, implemented through partnerships with respected civil society and public sector partners in the 21 countries, seek to improve access to economic opportunities for vulnerable communities in the hemisphere and to foster opportunities for democratic expression and responsive governance. The Trust has been operating for 15 years and is looking to improve its messaging and its effectiveness at all levels.
This effort has broad support from the Board of Directors and within the organization for improved marketing. Our aim is to use the branding strategy created previously by BwB volunteers to create a common message within the Trust and to position The Trust in the US non-profit sector. However, The Trust lacks the technical skills and scale to develop all of this itself. As a non-profit, The Trust has made a significant effort to keep overhead at or below that of its peers which implies keeping staff small and expenses for the organization itself at shoestring levels. We hope therefore, to take advantage of private sector resources to implement the branding strategy in three key areas: a sharper message, a remodeled website, and new logo graphics. If you are a marketing guru and have strong branding expetise, want to make a big footprint at an NGO that promotes social and economic development in Latin America and the Carribean, come and be part of a small team of brand strategists who will build a new messaging platform, a remodeled website and a new logo for the organization. This project will be a team project and done remotely.
For more info and to apply, please visit here: https://grameenfound.secure.force.com/apex/projectview?id=a0OA000000DZSLuMAP
Summer Intern - Grameen Foundation Internship Program
Start Date: June 2nd, 2014
Estimated Hours: Medium Term (101-500 hours)
Region: United States
Application Deadline: April 29th, 2014
Description: Grameen Foundation has a relatively small staff despite all the work we do! As such, volunteers and interns are critical to assisting our employees in carrying out their work. Interns, in particular, enable program and operations’ staff to pursue informative research and analysis and more efficiently fulfill ongoing reporting and administrative requirements. There are a wide range of internship opportunities available within Grameen Foundation. Some of the most common internships are summarized below:
Program Intern: Program teams, such as the Social Performance Management Center and Bankers without Borders, need additional resources to advance their efforts. In addition to general support, interns are commonly assigned to special projects that will span the course of the internship. Projects vary depending on team needs.
Marketing/ Communications Intern: Grameen is expanding its offline and online communications activities to support fundraising and build public awareness. Interns enable us to increase our visibility in key markets by updating web pages, editing and writing copy as needed, as well as assisting with developing, researching and writing story ideas for publications, website, and social media.
Finance Intern: The Finance internship will provide Grameen Foundation's Finance Team with accounting and auditing support and coordination. Interns will provide research as requested, efficiently perform and filter research with minimal guidance, and work with standard versions of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other relevant software.
Grameen Foundation internships are tailored to align volunteers’ talents with the needs of our teams. By applying to this project, you are submitting a general application to the Grameen Foundation Internship Program. Applicants meeting the criteria will be sent an assessment to further gauge skills, areas of interest, and location preferences. Additional interviews will be conducted by Grameen Foundation staff.
Once the assignment is confirmed, an internship plan will be created. The internship plan will include specific short- and long-term goals for the internship as well as details on the projects and tasks the intern will complete.
For more info and to apply, please visit here: https://grameenfound.secure.force.com/apex/projectview?id=a0OA000000DYi4HMAT
Technology/MIS Advice and Support at SISDO
Start Date: June 2nd, 2014
Estimated Hours: Short Term (100 hours or less)
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2014
Description: Are you a Technology/Management Information Systems expert? Consider volunteering in Kenya for approximately 100 hours over 3 months. SISDO is in the process of beginning a upgrading of its Information Technology systems over the next 3 months as it readies itself transform into a deposit taking microfinance institution. The process will modernize and digitize its operations and systems by use of technology and offer value added services to its clients. The Technology/MIS Expert will support and advise SISDO during the IT upgrading process and liaise directly with the vendor.This will include:
- Needs assessment of SISDO's IT system and advice on each step of the upgrading process.
- Meet with the IT system vendor and advise them on SISDO's requirements at each step
- Advise on integration and customization of the new system into the current SISDO systems including suggestions to the vendor on important system features that SISDO requires
- Support the customization of reports and data clean up
The Technology/MIS Expert is expected to have:
- Experience with finance MIS systems ideal especially Bankers Realm; experience with financial services back office transaction processing and accounting systems preferred.
- Familiarity of Central Bank of Kenya IT reporting formats would be an added advantage
- Excellent communication in developing world context
- A deep commitment in advancing microfinance institutions towards process improvement and automation
- Ability to plan and structure an management information systems project
- Advanced degree in Information Management, Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Minimum 5 years work experience in MIS projects and need analysis or similar functions with a bias in Microfinance sector. Previous working experience with MFI’s in Africa is an advantage
- Ability to effectively communicate technical knowledge and project issues or resolutions to Grameen Foundation, SISDO, and its non-technical team members.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals and departments
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a themselves (On-site and remote)
- Strong understanding and adherence to best-practices in project management methodology
For more info and to apply, please visit here: https://grameenfound.secure.force.com/apex/projectview?id=a0OA000000BP2CEMA1